What is the Gospel?
Conference: November 13-14, 2015
Downtown Baptist Church, Kosciusko, MS
Romans 3:22 — the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.
A series of five sessions expounding the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the aim of equipping and energizing Christians to evangelize the homes, workplaces, and communities of Attala County.
Friday, November 13, 2015
06:30 p.m. - Doors open
07:00 p.m. - i. What is the Gospel?
Saturday, November 14, 2015
08:00 a.m. - Coffee and breakfast snacks
08:30 a.m. - 1. GOD: Who is God?
10:30 a.m. - 2. MAN: What Happened in the Garden?
12:00 noon - Lunch
01:00 p.m. - 3. JESUS: What Happened on the Cross?
03:00 p.m. - 4. SPIRIT: What Happens in the Heart?
i. What is the Gospel?
Friday, Nov-13 @ 7:00-8:30pm
1. WHY: Why ask 'What is the Gospel'?
- The State of the Gospel
- The Power of the Gospel
- The Command of the Gospel
- The Glory of the Gospel
2. WHAT: What is the Gospel?
- The Bad News
- The Good News
- The Response
1. GOD: Who is God?
Saturday, Nov-14 @ 8:30-10:00am
i. God is Not Who You Think (Isaiah 55:8-9)
1. REVEALED: God is Revealed (Deuteronomy 29:29)
2. HOLY: God is Holy (1 Samuel 2:2)
3. RIGHTEOUS: God is Righteous (Psalm 11:5-7)
4. SOVEREIGN: God is Sovereign (Acts 17:24-31)
2. MAN: What Happened in the Garden?
Saturday, Nov-14 @ 10:30-12:00pm
i. They Did Not Honor Him As God (Romans 1:18-24)
1. CRIME: One Man's Trespass (Romans 5:12-21)
2. SENTENCE: Condemnation for All Men (Romans 5:12-21)
3. CURSE: Sinners by Nature (Ephesians 2:1-3)
4. PENALTY: Children of Wrath (Ephesians 2:1-3)
3. JESUS: What Happened on the Cross?
Saturday, Nov-14 @ 1:00-2:30pm
i. Steadfast Love and Faithfulness Meet (Psalm 85:10)
1. INCARNATION: The Word Became Flesh (John 1:1-14)
2. PERFECTION: He Committed No Sin (1 Peter 2:22-24)
3. PROPITIATION: The Propitiation for Our Sins (1 John 2:1-2)
4. EXALTATION: This Jesus God Raised Up (Acts 2:32-36)
4. SPIRIT: What Happens in the Heart?
Saturday, Nov-14 @ 3:00-4:30pm
i. The Gift of God (Ephesians 2:8)
1. JUSTIFICATION: Justified by His Grace (Romans 3:21-26)
2. FAITH: Righteousness Depends on Faith (Philippians 3:7-11)
3. REGENERATION: You Must be Born Again (John 3:3-8)
4. SANCTIFICATION: Whoever Practices Righteousness is Righteous (1 John 2:28-3:10)